Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Viral begot me a Virus...

For the last few weeks, I've put on my Marketing hat and have been working on user acquisition with a combination of viral and WoM (word of mouth) shoe-string plan. I've been testing the waters with text (IRC), pic (Flickr) and video (YouTube) viral marketing (using existing social networks to spread the word about a service) along with Google Analytics (thank God for GA). For the last week, I've been going to sleep dreaming about traffic and conversion numbers so much so that Friday night my throat started to scratch. As of this post, I have some sort of a VIRAL respiratory throat infection.

Sunday and Monday nights were hell. Every time I swallowed it felt like i was swallowing broken glass (to give you an idea). Tylenol PM, Theraflu, even good 'ol trusted NyQuil (which would knock me out into a bliss) didn't do any good. toss and turn toss and turn. Plus fever, plus chills, etc. Tonight, its less fever, less soar throat but more classical runny nose and sporadic deep coughing. I took NyQuil and an hour into it, nada - i am not knocked out - i am writing this blog entry. Sigh!

No comments: