Friday, June 27, 2008

Payo who?

Every now and then, a horrible customer service experience comes around that redefines for me what bad customer service actually is. Over the last 24 hours, I have been experiencing just that with Payoneer.com. I set out to transfer some funds (sub $1k) from here to an offshore location using their service. On this end, I am using a credit card.

The only way to reach these people is via chat support on their site where you wait time can vary from a few minutes to half an hour. The help you get over chat is robotic at best. You try calling their main number and "press-2" gets you to support which after telling you to go online actually dead-ends and the call drop right after they tell you to leave a message. You "press-3" to reach sales. Well, yesterday, I left a voice message and no one called back of course. Today, it too was dropping the call. There is no one to talk to.

Finally, it came down to them asking me to FAX over a copy of my drivers license and a copy of the back and front of the credit card I am using (as to why they wanted this is a whole other story of course). This came after I got an email yesterday telling me that the transaction was approved. Today, they decided they needed more "documentation".

Ok, so where do I send it to? They gave me 2 fax numbers non of which worked. Finally, they had the audacity to ask me to scan the 3 pages and send it in. Meanwhile, I had an unpleasnt call with one support rep. And an unpleasant chat with another. WOW! A horrible customer service experience.

I had to use these guys but if you ever have a choice, avoid this one.

No comments: