Friday, January 25, 2008

A fly in my cloud-computing ointment

So I've been happily using Gmail and Google Calendar (along with Google Docs) and enjoying my cloud computing bliss without Microsoft Office and Outlook.

Starting yesterday, however, Google Calendar has been acting-up for me on Firefox 2.0 running Windows XP. Note that the problem doesn't happen on IE (which I have also gave up on a while back).

The problem I am having is as follows - unfortunately - and this has rendered Google Calendar unusable under Firefox :(

I start Gmail and click on Calendar and the Ajax thing starts to happen... the lower left hand corner of the browser starts to show frantic activity (contacting google.com etc) and Firefox hour glass is there - all looks normal - EXCEPT I never come out of this state. Sometimes, I get the Calendar login screen often not. It just sits there...

I tried rebooting... restarting firefox... uh-ah, not working and that sucks!

Worse comes to worse, I am planning to move to an Apple MacBook soon and maybe/probably that will solve this issue. Just waiting for the new MacBook Pros with multi-touch...



Google Calendar not happning on FireFox from roupen nahabedian on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Via said...

Yep, me too. The same problems started this morning, and I searched Google Blogs and found your post. Besides Calendar freaking out, I can't delete blog posts in Google Reader.

IE works fine.

This is only the first time I've ever had more than a momentary hiccup with Google stuff, so can't complain too much ;-)

PINEAPPLE 'N HAM said...

I left a note in the Calendar support group. Haven't heard back yet. I haven't tried deleting blogs posts in Reader... will give it shot.

PINEAPPLE 'N HAM said...

The Google Calendar support group is finally starting to see some traffic now on the subject... http://mail.google.com/mail/#inbox/117b544db6f8f0b0 Check it out.

Via said...

heheh, yep, deleting cookies did the trick. Shoulda thoughta that...